"This past summer I felt really stuck. You created a motivational atmosphere, and it was great to be with other people who really wanted to write."
Rose Writers Outside!
Our first set of outdoor workshops were great!
Thanks to everyone who came out!
The next set of outdoor workshops begin October 2 in a new location.
Thanks to RW Alum Sherie for offering her home! Located in the
Bluff Park area, we'll have a spacious backyard to write, share, and connect.
See below for dates and times.
To keep inline with health guidelines, everyone will be required to wear a mask. We will be seated at a safe distance from each other, and sharing will be done via a handheld mic.
I'll bring packaged snacks; please bring your own beverage.
Bathroom is available inside the house, but all writing and socializing will be done outside.
Feel free to bring whatever you need to feel comfortable such as a towel or small blanket to sit on, wipes, etc.
In case of rain, workshop will be cancelled with full refunds.
Each session is limited to 7 writers and you must sign up for each individual session. Click link below to go to scheduling page.
October 2, 9, 23, and 30
$20 per session
****Schedule updated Oct. 21, 2020****
Online workshops will be held in 4-week sessions so you only need to sign up once. We'll meet once a week at the scheduled time for writing, sharing, learning, and, hopefully, a laugh or two.
Nov. 9 - 30
6:30 - 8:30pm
Nov. 6 - Dec. 3
No session Nov. 27
10:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop format is the same; writing prompts, followed by quiet writing time (5-20minutes), sharing and short discussions. On line sessions will last about 1.5 to 2 hours.
Please add Desiree@RoseWriters.com to your email contacts. Sometimes my messages go straight to SPAM.
Rose Writers adheres to the following policies regarding payment and
1. Payment is due after registration. Payments accepted through emailed invoice or check (made out to Desiree Kannel) mailed to: Rose Writers Workshops, 2155 N. Bellflower Blvd. #51, Long Beach, CA 90815
2. Payment is for the entire workshop; no refunds for missed sessions.
3. A 75% refund is allowed if Rose Writers is notified at least 14 days before first day of session. Refunds are generally NOT allowed after the sessions starts. Rose Writers has up to 30 days to process refunds.
4. Make up sessions MAY be offered in following workshops. No more than two make ups are allowed. Missed sessions have NO cash value (i.e. refunds or discounts on future workshops.) Make up sessions expire after 6 months.
5. Payment plans are only available to returning participants. If your financial situation is the ONLY thing preventing you from taking a workshop, PLEASE contact me to explain your situation.