"This past summer I felt really stuck. You created a motivational atmosphere, and it was great to be with other people who really wanted to write."
Beginning Novel Writing Workshop
All sessions held online via Zoom
This 5 session workshop is for writers who are ready to begin their novel or short story (fiction only). We'll talk about beginnings, character development, and plotting.
Sessions include reading and responding to each others drafts.
July 13 - August 10
6:30 - 8:30pm
Limited to 5 writers
Regular Workshop Sessions are scheduled to return in August. Format TBD
Keep checking back for updates.
Beginning in April, workshops will be held via Zoom, an online video conferencing platform.
Workshop format is the same; writing prompts, followed by quiet writing time (5-20minutes), sharing and short discussions. On line sessions will last about 1.5 to 2 hours.
Schedule beginning April 1:
Mondays: 4:00 - 5:30pm
Final Workshop is May 29!
Please add Desiree@RoseWriters.com to your email contacts. Sometimes my messages go straight to SPAM.
Rose Writers adheres to the following policies regarding payment and
1. Payment is due after registration. Payments accepted through emailed invoice or check (made out to Desiree Kannel) mailed to: Rose Writers Workshops, 2155 N. Bellflower Blvd. #51, Long Beach, CA 90815
2. Payment is for the entire workshop; no refunds for missed sessions.
3. A 75% refund is allowed if Rose Writers is notified at least 14 days before first day of session. Refunds are generally NOT allowed after the sessions starts. Rose Writers has up to 30 days to process refunds.
4. Make up sessions MAY be offered in following workshops. No more than two make ups are allowed. Missed sessions have NO cash value (i.e. refunds or discounts on future workshops.) Make up sessions expire after 6 months.
5. Payment plans are only available to returning participants. If your financial situation is the ONLY thing preventing you from taking a workshop, PLEASE contact me to explain your situation.